Due to the impending approach of Hurricane Dorian, binding coverage has been suspended until further notice in AL, FL, GA and SC. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you are affected by this storm and need to report a claim please contact, 888-451-0757. Stay safe!
Top 10 Reasons to Chose American Collectors Insurance Over Our Competition?
August 16, 2019
When making a decision between collector car insurance competitors , it’s important to understand the differences in policies.
7 reasons to choose American Collector over our competitors.
- Experience! We have been in the business since 1976 so our Collector Insurance Specialists (Underwriters) know the hobby and are best suited to help you get the right protection for your collector.
- The Customer Experience! All companies claim to have the best service, but the proof is in the pudding! Our customers give us a 98% customer service satisfaction rating year over year!
- The ACI Commitment: has a deep commitment to providing our clients with consistently excellent service. Our Collector Insurance Specialists are easily available to answer your questions, give you a quick estimate or take your application.
- Easy Sign-up: No waiting for applications to be mailed to you or being transferred to different departments. We can do it all over the phone or with just one conversation or on our website in just one visit.
- A market for insuring all things Collectible – ACI offers a solution for insuring all qualifying Collections in the household – from guns & military memorabilia to stamps & coins, rare wine, limited edition figurines, vintage toys, sports memorabilia and much, much more. No one offers a standalone policy like ours.
- A Variety of Mileage Tiers- ACI doesn’t believe in a “One Size Fits All” approach. We offer three different mileage tiers that suits your collector car’s life style. Our standard mileage tier is 2,500 (5,000 miles in some states) which is usually adequate for most collectors.
- “Freedom Tier”- which allows qualified clients to use their collector vehicles for occasional general use, such as occasional trips to work, a restaurant, the golf course, etc. This is substantially different from the those are offer “unlimited” miles, but restricts insureds to Hobby use only.
- No Unattended Cost: The “Unattended Clause” limits usage to only car show events. Also, you don’t have to be a member of a car club to be eligible.
- In-House Claims Team! If you should have an unfortunate event take place with your collector car, our friendly claims representatives will work with you from day-one and be your advocate throughout the entire process.
- TLC – ACI’s Towing & Labor reimbursement package is much more robust than the others. In contrast, ACI’s TLC Platinum Plan is only $34.95 and offers up to $250 of reimbursement for towing miles, plus a long list of benefits specific to car collectors (found here: http://www.americancollectors.com/TLC/TLC-Coverage-Levels/142/.
- Automatic Coverage – ACI offers up to $100,000 (or the highest valued car on the policy) on newly purchased collector vehicles. This is an important feature in the car-collecting world.