Resources for All Collectors
- About.com Collectibles: A collectibles guide written by a fellow collector that helps people start collecting, as well as buy/sell collectibles and obtain some price/value information.
- Collect.com: Produced by F+W Media, the world’s largest hobby and collectible publisher, Collect.com is an online community where collectors can discuss and display their finds, keep tabs on their collection’s value, connect with buyers and sellers, read about the latest hobby news, and more.
- Collector Café: An online global collecting community created to bring collectors and dealers closer together.
- Collector’s Information Bureau: a trade association comprised of the top manufacturers in the field of limited edition collectibles. One of the collectible industry’s leading trade organizations, CIB is also recognized as an authoritative, knowledgeable research center reporting on the secondary market. CIB reaches out to collectors all across the country with news, information, and insights about the fun of living with and giving collectibles.
- GoAntiques.com: has over 1,000 dealers from 31 countries who have filled their Virtual Warehouse with antiques, collectibles, estate merchandise, and antique reproductions.
- GoCollect.com: An archive of all types of antiques and collectibles. Includes collection management, a proprietary trading platform, collectibles commerce area, and the ability to socialize with collectors alike.
- Kovels.com:– A great source for information about all kinds of antiques and collectibles. It offers a price guide to determine the prices of antiques and collectibles, seven years worth of archived newsletters, and a comprehensive dictionary of pottery & porcelain and silver marks – all filled with valuable information for collectors. You can also find the latest collecting news and information in the Kovels Komments free weekly ezine.
- WorthPoint.com: WorthPoint brings you market data on collectibles along with professionals who can guide you with opinions and appraisals. This service is combined with a vibrant, online community – a place for connection, interaction, and knowledge sharing – centered around the value of your collectibles and the stories that make them special for you.
Resources for Individual Collection Types
- American Philatelic Society: With nearly 35,000+ members in more than 110 countries, the APS is the largest, nonprofit society in the world for stamp collectors. Whether you are a beginning collector or have years of philatelic experience, the American Philatelic Society offers you a number of services and educational opportunities to broaden your personal collection and enhance your special collecting interests!
- CoinInfo.com: America’s leading coin dealer information site. Includes pricing information for bullion coins & bars, US gold, silver dollars, world gold, silver values, and karat gold values, as well as coin and precious metal news and reports.
- Classical Numismatic Group, Inc.: Dedicated to serving the needs of their customers in the fields of ancient, medieval and British numismatics. The site will help you build your collection at reasonable prices, find the books that enable you to increase your knowledge and understanding, and – when the time comes – help you sell individual items or your entire collection.
- Comic Book Collecting Association: The CBCA is composed of comic book collectors and dealers with a common goal: promote fellowship, education and ethics within the comic book collecting community.
- Ferrari Literature: Has been supplying quality original Ferrari Literature and collectibles to Ferrari enthusiasts worldwide for more than 35 years.
- Professional Coin Grading Service: With more than 20 million coins graded commanding a total value over $20 billion, Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) represents the industry standard in third-party certification.
- Vinfolio: The leading source for fine wine, serving the needs of wine enthusiasts and collectors worldwide. Through its online wine store and Marketplace, the company offers access to thousands of unique wines. Vinfolio’s mission is to bring simplicity and transparency to the fine wine market and provide exceptional service to its wine buying, selling and storage customers.
- Warner’s Blue Ribbon Books: A series of books about Swarovski crystal that was written by collectors for collectors. The Swarovski Catalogue set contains pictures and information for current, retired, and limited edition Swarovski pieces. They are updated and re-released each year.
- Wine-searcher.com: A free search engine of wine retailers’ price lists. Answers questions about where to find wine, what vintages are selling, which are valued the most or increasing, and more. Also will help you purchase a wine that is proving hard to find.
- YuleLog Software: Collection software with all of the information for over 7,000 Hallmark Ornaments and Merry Miniatures. It is extremely easy to use, but rich in features. You can generate reports, perform searches, describe and comment on each ornament. See at a glance which ornaments you have, where they are, and which ornaments you want.
- Value for Classic and Collector Vehicles Expected to Rise in 2015: Car collecting has gone to a whole new level in recent years, and the amount of money raised at auctions has drastically increased.
- Benefits of Insuring your Sports Memorabilia Collection: We spend years starting and growing our collection of sports memorabilia that by now it could be worth thousands of dollars.
- Collector Insurance: How It Will Protect Your Comic Book Collection: When you have a collection hobby, you grow your collection and look for antiques and rare items to get your hands on.
- Why a Customized Insurance Policy is the Best Way to Protect Your Valuable Collections: We all like to collect specific items. It’s a hobby, and once we delve deep enough into that hobby, our collection earns some value.
- Why You Should Consider Collectors Insurance for Your Classic, Vintage Car: When we have a passion for cars, we automatically begin to see ways in which we can fix miscues and increase the value of every vintage car we come across.
- Collector Coin Values Rising: When You Should Provide Protection for your Coins: The collector coin market is expanding. Values are rising and the demand for rare coins remain strong. This is evident by the number of coin auctions we are seeing, as well as the number of thefts and burglaries we’ve seen in 2015 alone.