Due to the impending approach of Hurricane Dorian, binding coverage has been suspended until further notice in AL, FL, GA and SC. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you are affected by this storm and need to report a claim please contact, 888-451-0757. Stay safe!
What to remember
What to do in the event of an auto accident
- Remain calm. Call emergency personnel right away if there are any injuries.
- If you smell gas or see fire around the vehicle, clear everyone away from the area.
- Never move an injured person unless leaving them in their position poses a greater threat to life.
- If the accident is minor (no injuries), move vehicles to a safer location, such as the side of the road. Turn on hazard lights and place reflective triangles or flares around the vehicle.
- Exchange ONLY the following information with the other driver: your name, names of any passengers, witnesses, car insurance information, address, and phone number. It is best to exchange this information through a police officer. Request the officer’s business card so you can contact him/her for the police report.
- Give the police officer your account of the accident, with as many details as you can remember. Share this information with the officer only, not with the other driver(s).
- If you have access to a digital camera or camera phone, it is helpful to take photos of the damage to the vehicles at the scene of the accident—regardless of how minor the damage may be.
- As soon as you are able, contact American Collectors Insurance to report your claim.