Classic & Collector Car Insurance
At American Collectors Insurance, we’re collectors ourselves. That’s why we offer collector car insurance policy designed around the vehicle collector’s lifestyle, providing broader protection while enabling flexible usage. You can focus on driving when you want, while leaving it to us to protect your passion.
- Flexible mileage to go beyond the occasional pleasure ride
- Discounts for collector car club members
- Discounts for high-value vehicles, and larger collections
- Tailored coverage backed by an Agreed Value policy
- Knowledgeable collector specialists that share your passion
TLC for Your Vehicle
Give your classic or antique the TLC it deserves with plans that cover emergency towing and roadside service expenses. Available in Silver, Gold, and Platinum-level tiers, our TLC packages provide coverage for a variety of incidental costs that can be incurred while getting your car back on the road.
What is a Classic vs. Collector Car?
Classic and collector cars are separated by more than just age. A classic car is widely defined as a vehicle that is more than 25 years old. However, a collector car is part of a larger universe which consists of classic cars, as well as newer-model collectible vehicles that appreciate in value and are driven mostly for pleasure. These newer collectible vehicles include late-model exotic cars, luxury cars, and super-performance cars.
Classic vs. Standard Car Insurance
Classic and standard auto insurance differ in a number of ways. Standard auto insurance covers “daily drivers”, which are expected to be driven more frequently than collector vehicles. This explains why your daily driver’s auto insurance premiums will generally be much higher than what you’d pay to insure a collector vehicle. Aside from cost, classic vs. standard car insurance also differs by the value for a total loss claim, maximum car values, and vehicle usage guidelines.
How American Collectors Insurance Underwrites Collector Car Insurance Policies
At American Collectors, we streamline the process for getting classic car insurance. These are the basic steps that go into our underwriting process:
- Risk assessment: American Collectors Insurance representatives review application information to evaluate the risk involved in the insurance policy.
- Determine policy coverage: We’ll set your policy limit, assess the requested application details, and underwrite the eligibility for the coverages requested on the application.
- Approval: You’ll get a quick decision from us, indicating whether you’ve been approved for collector car insurance.
Do I Qualify for Collector Car Insurance?
We will consider drivers with:
- At least 5 years of licensed driving experience.
- No more than one moving violation or one at-fault accident within the last 3 years (up to 2 per household). DUI’s and reckless driving violations must be at least 10 years old.
- One regular-use vehicle for every licensed driver in the household (exceptions may be made for full-time students and retired couples).
Does My Car Qualify?
We will consider any vehicle that has collector merit and is appreciating in value. However, we also require that they are:
- Driven on a limited basis and not used as a daily driver.
- Not used for racing, timed events or driver’s education.
- Kept in an enclosed, locked garage (alternate garaging options may be permitted; contact our representative).