Collector & Classic Car Insurance
American Collectors Insurance is an insurance company that focuses on Collectors. That’s why we offer Collector Car insurance policy designed around the vehicle Collector’s lifestyle, providing broader protection while enabling flexible usage. You can focus on driving when you want, while leaving it to us to protect your passion.
- Flexible mileage to go beyond the occasional pleasure ride or car shows
- Discounts for collector car club members
- Discounts for high-value vehicles, and larger collections
- Tailored coverage backed by an Agreed Value policy
- Knowledgeable collector specialists that share your passion
C.A.R.E. for Your Vehicle
Give your classic or antique the C.A.R.E. (Collector Auto Reimbursement Endorsement) it deserves with plans that cover emergency towing and roadside service expenses. Available in Silver, Gold, and Platinum-level tiers, our C.A.R.E. packages provide coverage for a variety of incidental costs that can be incurred while getting your car back on the road.
Why Choose American Collectors Insurance?
At American Collectors Insurance, we have over 40 years of experience providing auto insurance to car collectors across the country. We keep the underwriting process simple with fast quotes and a variety of coverage options to meet your needs.
Our policies are flexible while regular car insurance companies offer standardized policies with mileage limits that don’t allow you to enjoy your antique car. In the event of a total loss, our policies cover agreed value instead of actual cash value that is provided by regular auto insurance carriers.
How American Collectors Insurance Underwrites Collector Car Insurance Policies
At American Collectors Insurance, we streamline the process for getting classic car insurance. These are the basic steps that go into our underwriting process:
- Risk assessment: American Collectors Insurance representatives review application information to evaluate the risk involved in the insurance policy.
- Determine auto policy coverage: We’ll set your policy limit, assess the requested application details, and underwrite the eligibility for the coverages requested on the application.
- Approval: You’ll get a quick decision from us, indicating whether you’ve been approved for collector car insurance.
Classic Car Insurance FAQs
What is a Classic vs. Collector Car?
Classic and collector cars are separated by more than just age. A classic or vintage car is widely defined as a vehicle that is more than 25 years old. However, a collector car is part of a larger universe which consists of classic cars, as well as newer-model collectible vehicles that appreciate in value and are driven mostly for pleasure. These newer collectible vehicles include late-model exotic cars, luxury cars, and super-performance cars.
Standard vs. Classic Car Insurance Coverage
Classic and standard auto insurance differ in a number of ways. Standard auto insurance covers “daily drivers”, which are expected to be driven more frequently than antique cars. This explains why your daily driver’s auto insurance premiums will generally be much higher than what you’d pay to insure a collector vehicle. Standard car insurers offer auto policies with different values for total loss claims, maximum car values, and vehicle usage guidelines.
Do I Qualify for Classic Car Insurance?
We will consider drivers with:
- At least 5 years of licensed driving experience.
- A clean driving record. No more than one moving violation or one at-fault accident within the last 3 years (up to 2 per household). DUI’s and reckless driving violations must be at least 10 years old.
- One regular-use vehicle for every licensed driver in the household (exceptions may be made for full-time students and retired couples).
Does My Car Qualify?
We will consider any vehicle that has collector merit and is appreciating in value. However, we also require that they are:
- Driven on a limited basis and not used for daily driving.
- Not used for racing, timed events or driver’s education.
- Kept in an enclosed, locked garage (alternate garaging options may be permitted; contact our representative).