Antique and Classic Motorcycle Insurance
Why insure your antique or vintage motorcycle with standard motorcycle insurance coverage? Your bike is anything but standard!
- Extensive insurance coverage with Agreed Value protection against covered total losses
- Protection for damages from collision
- Low premiums to reflect the low annual miles you ride
TLC for Your Antique or Classic Motorcycle
Our Silver Towing & Labor (TLC) plan is an excellent addition to classic motorcycle insurance because it covers many of the incidental expenses incurred on the road. TLC plans provide reimbursements to policyholders in the event of emergency towing, roadside assistance, and more.
*The Silver TLC plan is the only option available for motorcycles
How American Collectors Insurance Underwrites Motorcycle Insurance Policies
American Collectors makes it easy to apply and get approved for classic motorcycle insurance. Here are the basic steps we take when insuring and underwriting insurance and liability coverage for a classic bike:
- Assess risk: Our experts review applicants’ details to assess the risk involved in insuring the vehicle.
- Agree on motorcycle value: The bike’s market value is validated through applicant-submitted photographs which document the motorcycle’s condition.
- Determine eligibility: American Collectors Insurance representatives determine eligibility and tailor a policy with appropriate coverage.
Do I Qualify?
At American Collectors Insurance, we require the following:
- All operators of the motorcycle(s) must have at least 5 years of motorcycle licensed experience.
- No more than one moving violation or one at-fault accident within the last 3 years (up to 2 per household). DUI’s and reckless Driving violations must be at least 10 years old.
- Each licensed driver in the household must have a “daily driver” regular-use vehicle.
- Applicants must carry bodily injury liability limits that are at least equivalent to their selection with our program.
Does My Classic Motorcycle Qualify?
Qualifying motorcycles must meet these requirements:
- Classic & Antique Motorcycles must be at least 20 years old.
- Motorcycles must be in good original condition or if restored, must retain its structural integrity.
- Must be kept in a fully enclosed, locked garage.
- We cannot accept motorcycles that are used for general transportation (e.g., commuting to work/school, running errands, etc.) or as a backup to the family car.
- You may enjoy the insured motorcycle on a “pleasure only” basis. (e.g., pleasure driving, club functions, exhibitions, tours, etc.)
If you have any questions about our classic motorcycle coverage, give us a call at 1-800-360-2277, Monday- Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST & Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.